The Forte Port features Michael Kelly's Port Technology. This fresh new approach to top bracing and soundhole placement results in a noticeable improvement in sonic performance. It is dynamic, responsive and has a big bold sound. The Forte Port features an aggressive cutaway giving you more fingerboard access and great balance.
The Forte Port is equipped with an active Fishman Presys electronics system. The under saddle bridge pickup captures the full and natural sound of the Forte.
ZERO PIN BRIDGE
It always happens at the worst possible time — you break a string at a gig. What if you could radically shorten the time it takes to change your string? The Michael Kelly Zero Pin Bridge makes that possible.
Our innovative Zero Pin Bridge allows players to change a string without tools and without the stress of losing or breaking pins. A quick slide into the specially-designed groove makes the inevitable string change as quick and easy as possible!
Michael Kelly Forte Port
- Top: Solid Spruce
- Back Material: Sapele
- Side Material: Sapele
- Binding: Black Triple Ply
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ovangkol
- Fretboard Radius: 12 Inch / 30.48 cm
- Number of Frets: 20
- Inlays: Mini-Dots
- Headstock: Traditional MK Acoustic
- Scale Length 25.5 in / 647.7 mm
- Truss Rod Type Dual Action
- Neck Profile Comfort C
- Nut Material: Fast Black Nylon
- Nut Type: Standard
- Nut Width: 1 11/16" / 43 mm
- Strings: D'Addario EXP16 Coated Phosphor Bronze, Light, 12-53
- Electronics: Fishman Preamp and Pickup
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Keys: MK Diecast
- Bridge Type: Zero-End Pin Ovangkol
- Ultra Thin Satin Natural Finish
- Extreme cutaway body shape that provides enhanced access to upper frets and great balance
- Side soundport, personal monitor